I’m not one to update my Facebook status too much anymore, but I do love those constant reminders I now get each morning that say, “You have [such and such] memories to look back on today.”
This morning I woke up to a reminder that each year, on July 1st, I’ve wished “the beautiful country that raised me” a happy birthday. And although it’s been too long since I’ve been home to celebrate Canada Day, I do make an effort to celebrate a little bit each year – even if I am in the states.
If you’d like to join me in my Canada Day celebration, whip up a batch of this Red & White Raspberry Panna Cotta. These individual desserts would also make for a super cute 4th of July treat if topped with a few fresh blueberries!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- splash vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry puree*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- Dissolve gelatin and lemon juice in a small bowl for several minutes until soft.
- Heat milk and cream in small saucepan over medium heat until just boiling.
- Add sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and lemon zest to milk mixture and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Divide into 6 ramekins or glasses, and refrigerate several hours until firm.
- Add all ingredients into a microwave safe bowl, and heat for 30 seconds until softened.
- Stir well and gently spoon over set panna cotta.
- Chill before serving.
- *Raspberry puree is made my pressing thawed frozen raspberries through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.